Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Romantic Comedies.

Okay so since it's still the festive season, I'm savouring my free time, off from studying by catching up on one of my hobbies - watching movies. I don't know if it's just me but I'm kind of noticing that too much romantic comedies have come out this year. And here's the kicker; it's like watching the same frickin movie over and over again. It's always centered around this chiselled, broad-shouldered, hot guy and a skinny, goddess-looking, gorgeous girl. The major thing that ticks me off is that the guy ALWAYS pretty much ignores the girl at first, or the girl finds the guy annoying and cocky. But then with time they lock eyes and fall head over heels in love. Why this ticks me off? Oh yeah right, because it doesn't happen in real life! Most of the time the guy likes the girl or the girl likes the guy, but the other doesn't like them back. And no it doesn't change with time. A guy sees the girl looking gorgeous and dressed up maybe for prom or a night out and he suddenly realises how really beautiful she is? Yes, that in fact also does not happen. He'll be probably looking and drooling over the slutty, trashy looking girl behind her who he never even met. Because who wants the girl who can be your best friend and your girlfriend at the same time when you can get the girl who spreads her legs after one shot of tequila, has the I.Q. of an alga and is stick thin? So to sum up rom-coms shouldn't still be referred to as romantic comedies but science-fiction insted.
Peace out,
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment