Monday, December 6, 2010

Sea of Vintage

Marilyn Monroe. Audrey Hepburn. Ava Gardner. Judy Garland. These are among the only women in the world who deserve to be called Fashion Icons in my insignificant opinion. Whenever I see their old movies or old photographs I always think to myself and ask why in God's name was I born in the 90's? I so belonged in those times. With their tight corsets accentuating their small waist, breasts pushed so high up you could use them as a food tray, wonderful, detailed, ornate, huge gowns that leave you speechless! And don't even get me started on the jewellery. I may buy a pair of earrings, bangles or necklaces every week but the few that are closest to my heart are the ones that my grandmother used to wear and which I kind of took to be mine after she passed away. If you're asking what prompted all these thoughts today. Well this morning I went for some christimas shopping with the little money I have right now, and I came across something I've been trying to find for quite a while. A vintage necklace with a pocket watch (you know like the ones Humphrey Bogart used to pull out of the inside of his silk waistcoat). Needless to say I had to have it and thankfully it was also quite a steal. I also bought the last gift that was on my list for the person who convinced me to start blogging (yes you Y) Anyway, I leave you with the words of a popular French dramatist, Pierre Corneille "The manner of giving is worth more than the gift."
Peace out,
A xxx

Very sorry for the mediocre quality of  the photograph! My camera is needless to say the most primitive of the digital camera era but it gives an idea at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment